Other benefits of Kenpo for kids include:
- Increased Activity – Kenpo classes get kids active and moving. These classes also increase strength and flexibility in its participants.
- Focus and Stillness- Kenpo allows a set time for kids to “unplug”. In class, kids will learn what it is to be still, challenged, and focused. They must listen closely, follow directions, and look their instructor in the eye.
- Learning to Take Hits – In life, a hit can be a literal blow or a big disappointment.Kenpo teaches kids how to not just take a hit, but how to get back up again.Kenpo also teaches kids how to avoid the literal blows in the first place.
- Confidence and Respect- Kenpo teaches the fine art of balancing confidence in your skills with a respect for yourself and others. Kenpo teaches that even in conflict, all people should be treated with respect.
- Learning Conflict Resolution – In Kenpo, students are taught that using their martial art is to be the last resort in resolving conflict. They are taught the steps one should take to seek help and avoid physical conflict if at all possible. They are also taught how to identify a situation where using their Kenpo skills may be necessary.
Beginning Kenpo Karate classes for kids are held on Wednesdays and Fridays from 5:15 – 6:00 p.m. Classes for intermediate students, teens, and adults are also available. Still not sure if Kenpo is right for you? Try a trial class! (Learn More)