What Happens When I Miss a Class?
Your tuition payment guarantees a saved spot for your student for the full session whether they attend or not. Since it is not based on the number of times a student attends during that session, we do not issue refunds. However, we understand that everyone gets sick or has a schedule conflict once in a while, so we offer a couple of options for those times. Here’s what to do when you miss your class at Emeth.
Let Us Know
- Tell us you won’t be here, and we’ll let your coach know!
Option 1: Schedule a Makeup Class
As soon as your missed class day has passed, you may contact the Emeth Welcome Team to schedule a makeup class.
- Emeth offers limited availability makeup classes.
- You may request one makeup class per month (per enrollment)
- You may register for a makeup class in another open class day/time for your student’s current level.
- Makeup enrollments may be scheduled up to seven days ahead of time.
- We cannot save you a makeup space more than seven days in the future, because it blocks other students from regularly enrolling in that class.
- Students must be currently active to enroll in a makeup class.
- Makeup classes must be scheduled within 30 days of the missed class.
Option 2: Makeup Open Gym Pass
The next time you’re at Emeth, ask our Welcome Team for a Makeup Open Gym Pass. You can use these passes at any regular age-appropriate open gym. This is our most flexible option!
- Passes expire after six months.
- Passes cannot be replaced if misplaced.
- Passes may only be used for regular open gyms (not special open gyms or other events).
- Passes must be requested within 30 days of the missed class.
Missed Classes FAQ’s
- Can I apply unused makeup tokens if my child is not
currently enrolled in a class?
- Only active students can schedule makeup classes with their tokens. They may not be used for a student who has canceled unless that student re-enrolls within the 90 day period from which the token was issued and is able to apply it before the 90 days expire.
- Can I get more than one Open Gym Pass in exchange for multiple classes I missed this month?
- Yes, there is currently no limit on how many passes you can get for missed class days.
- What if I know a month ahead that I’ll miss a class?
- You can let us know, and then schedule your makeup class once your absent class date has passed.
- What if I miss my makeup class?
- If you cancel your makeup class ahead of time, you may reschedule it if you are still within 30 days of the original missed class.
- What if there is not another class time for my student’s level?
- Some levels with very limited weekly class offerings may be made up in a comparable or lower level.
- If there are no open other class times available you may take a Makeup Open Gym Pass instead.
- Can I schedule a makeup class online?
- YES! Reschedule through your Emeth account and follow these simple steps. AFTER the absent date has passed:
- Log in to your Emeth account.
- On the left sidebar click Makeups.
- This screen displays the number of makeup tokens issued to each student in your family. Clicking the down arrow next to the student will display details about availability status of classes.
- Follow the prompts. You will receive a confirmation email if the class is open or a denial if it is unavailable.
* * * * *
Occasionally students encounter extended illnesses, injuries or family emergencies. Our Welcome Team is here to discuss other options during those rare events. Open Gym Passes may still be the best solution.
Please contact us or stop by the office so we can assist you by creating a feasible alternate plan.